A quick and easy South Indian style coconut chutney adds punch to this low-fat fish dish
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 20g (1/4 cup) shredded coconut
- 1 truss tomato, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 long fresh green chilli, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Pinch of caster sugar
- 4 (about 150g each) firm white fish fillets
- Steamed green beans, to serve
- Steamed asparagus, to serve
Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Spray with oil. Stir in the onion for 5 minutes or until soft. Stir in the ginger and mustard seeds for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Stir in the coconut for 1-2 minutes or until light golden. Transfer to a bowl. Set aside to cool slightly. Stir in the tomato, chilli, coriander, lime juice and sugar.
Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Spray the fish with oil. Cook on grill for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Divide the steamed vegetables among plates. Top with the fish and a spoonful of the coconut mixture.
Source and image credit: taste.com.au